[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

David Feil-Seifer david.feilseifer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 20:04:14 UTC 2010

usc_camera1394 is a package that is based on cameradc1394, but that
provides messages to control the parameters (brightness, whitebalance,
etc) of the firewire camera in real-time. This is intended for
stationary cameras where auto detection of feature values might
disrupt color-finding or background subtraction. Use camera_param_gui
to make those changes. Documentation is forthcoming. Most of the dead
packages that were a problem with cameradc1394 have been resolved with
usc_camera1394. Be aware, the package name is subject to change.
Though the list will be posted if it does.