[ros-users] camera1394 and swissranger

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:57:24 UTC 2010

I have added a new sr4k package to the camera_drivers_experimental
stack.  This extends the swissranger package in the tum repository to
handle the newer Mesa Imaging libraries, and supports both SR3000 and
SR4000 devices.

I do not have an SR3K device, so I could only test with an SR4K, but the
API is the same for both (an early calls tells the Mesa libraries which
device you want to talk to and differences are handles at the Mesa
library level).

I have not yet included a standalone viewer, but users can view the
output in rviz.  The current frame id is the node name (defaults to
/sr4k).  The user can view Image and PointCloud types.  There are 3 2D
images, distance, intensity, and confidence.

Patrick Beeson