[ros-users] Problems with rosdep and

Morgan Quigley morganquigley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 23:48:34 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,

rosdep will search up the stack dependency tree. I see that the
ua-ros-pkg distro's rosdep.yaml file defines the pyserial rosdep key,
so as long as you have checked out the root of their repository, and
the checkout path is somewhere in the list in ROS_PACKAGE_PATH, it
should "just work."

http://ua-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/arrg/ua_drivers/rosdep.yaml

However, if rosdep continues to give you grief, you can just install
everything manually. rosdep is just there to help assemble lists of
native packages that your OS/distro package manager can bring in (and
series of shell commands if needed, though we're having less of those
now). It's not "required" per se; it just makes it easier to install
dependencies.

HTH,
Morgan