[ros-users] use_sim_time

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Wed May 5 20:09:48 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to play back sensor data using rosbag. I a launch file that
starts several have several nodes which subscribe to the data and use
it. Among the nodes launched by the launch file is a static transform
publisher. I have tried two different things, which both fail:

1. Executing this sequence:
  - set use_sim_time to true
  - launch the .launch file
  - play the data using rosbag

Results in:

[ WARN] [1273089559.789342235]: You requested a transform that is
1117.125 seconds in the past,
but the tf buffer only has a history of 9.901 seconds.
 When trying to transform between /laser and /odom.

2. Executing this sequence:
  - set use_sim_time to false
  - launch the .launch file
  - play the data using rosbag

Results in: the static transform publisher doesn't publish anything
(or at least, I don't see a tf in either rviz or "rostopic echo tf").
Moreover, all the nodes that I wrote do not enter their spin() loop
that normally starts when I start the package.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Ivan Dryanovski