[ros-users] Running Roscore without internet

Alexis Cheng acheng_1221 at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 22:09:11 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have installed ROS on a single Ubuntu machine and it seems to be working while connected to the internet. However, roscore is unable to run without internet connection. Roswtf does not return any errors or warnings.

-----

Roscore responds with:

[ERROR] 1273528178.429037000: [registerService] Failed to contact master at [localhost:11311]. Retrying...

Rosrun responds with:

Couldn't find an AF_INET address for [localhost]

[ERROR] 1273528740.753778000: [registerPublisher] Failed to contact master at [localhost:11311]. Retrying...

-----

I have went through the network setup document on ROS wiki and it seems to pass the tests. I have also changed ROS_HOSTNAME to localhost.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and managed to correct it?

Thanks!

Alexis Cheng

Electrical Engineering

University of British Columbia