[ros-users] How to connect the transform between /robot_base and /map ? (Ming Liu)

刘明 liu.ming.prc at gmail.com
Fri May 14 09:36:43 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Thanks for you kind and prompt replies.

But the move_base is still asking for a frame with frame_id /base_link
(output in rxconsole):

> Waiting on transform from base_link to /map to become available before
> running costmap, tf error: Frame id /base_link does not exist!

when I launch the launch-file as below, where of course I have corrected the
naive spelling mistake @-| , as:

<launch>

>         <param name="global_costmap/robot_base_frame" value="/robot_base"/>
>         <param name="global_costmap/global_frame" value="/world"/>
>     <node name="move_base" pkg="move_base" type="move_base" respawn="true">
>     </node>
>
> </launch>

We had a transformation .yaml before, which I forgot to mention.
The result of

> $ rosrun tf view_frames
> $ evince frames.pdf
>
> showed that the frames are correctly linked.

The result of

> $rosrun tf tf_echo /robot_base /world

 returns correct transformation when I move the robot around.

I also output the parameters got by "move_base" node, by adding:

>  ROS_INFO("FrameIDs: %s %s", robot_base_frame_.c_str(),
> global_frame_.c_str());

to move_base.cpp:66. The output from the rxconsole is FrameIDs: /robot_base
/world which is correct.

It sounds like the parameters are not correctly passed to the costmap or
else nodes. Any other hints?

Best regards,
Ming