[ros-users] C++ API change to camera_info_manager

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sat May 15 01:42:33 UTC 2010

I recently committed a change to the camera_info_manager C++ API in
the camera_drivers trunk.

 http://www.ros.org/wiki/camera_info_manager

The new version no longer reads its own ~camera_info_url parameter.
Doing that forced the namespaces for the service and the parameter to
be the same, which is not appropriate. We already pass the URL to the
CameraInfoManager constructor. So, I added a setURL() mutator for
nodes that want to change it dynamically.

This only affects camera nodes using the CameraInfoManager C++ API.
The ones in camera_drivers trunk have been updated to handle the
change transparently by reading ~camera_info_url themselves and
passing it to camera_info_manager. So, this should not affect users of
the camera1394 and swissranger_camera packages.

I did not modify the older camera_drivers_experimental for the Box
Turtle release. When the API review of the mainline packages is
complete, this change will be back-ported to Box Turtle. If someone
needs it sooner, let me know. That can probably be arranged.
--
 joq