[ros-users] odd bug? with rospack

David Feil-Seifer david.feilseifer at gmail.com
Sun May 16 07:32:50 UTC 2010

I inadvertently created a package with the same name as an existing
package. That caused me some strange errors with rosbuild when that
happened. The package dependencies were not being read from the new
package's manifest.xml, but the old one. That caused the package to
build with a different set of package dependencies. Could this be
remedied by adding a warning when make is run in a directory but
rospack finds a manifest.xml file (for assessing dependencies) in
another directory? This would at least alert the user to this odd
behavior. Also, it might be a good warning for roswtf if there are
multiple packages with the same name.

Thanks,
Dave