[ros-users] robot_pose_ekf /vo input units

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Wed May 19 16:38:52 UTC 2010

Bringing back the discussion about GPS's, did y'all ever calculate the
covariance of x, y, and z for your GPS, because I noticed it was a todo in
the code.  And further more does it matter?  We are going to be putting it
into the extended kalman filter provided by ROS, but I am unsure how
important these values are for the GPS data.  Our GPS has a dynamic kalman
filter mode, but does not publish the covariance, it just transparently
improves the accuracy given some information about maximum acceleration
and/or velocity of the vehicle (they are grouped like walking, boat, car,
ariplane, etc).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

William Woodall