[ros-users] there is a gap between pcl and rviz (Junhao Xiao)

jy.hamburg at googlemail.com jy.hamburg at googlemail.com
Tue May 25 15:28:29 UTC 2010

Hi Josh,

I have noticed the point_cloud_converter before sending the question. I also
have visualized the point cloud as point markers, it works, but that's not a
good way in my mind.

When I use the conversion node, there is another problem, I got an WARN
message as following:

[ WARN] [1274800021.152142366]: MessageFilter [target=/  ]: Discarding
message from [/point_cloud_converter_1274799273635604858] due to empty
frame_id.  This message will only print once.

And then I can see nothing in rviz. Could you please give me a suggestion to
overcome this. Thank you!

Junhao

Hi Junhao,

For now you need to run the conversion node in the point_cloud_converter
package.  The next release of rviz will have a PointCloud2 display.

Josh