[ros-users] Running RVIZ from source code (not from binaries)

Benoit Larochelle Benoit.Larochelle at dfki.de
Thu May 27 07:47:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm working on a large project that requires modifying RVIZ. I have thus downloaded RVIZ's source code (from SVN), and I have installed Netbeans. Right now, I'm trying to set-up a Netbeans project with all proper sources/dependencies/misc. so that I easily develop with RVIZ. As a minimal example, I would like to modify RVIZ's title bar so that it says my name.

Unfortunately, I can't find any information on how to run RVIZ from source. I found only a tutorial about how to make it when downloaded from binaries. Has anyone ever managed to set-up a working environment for RVIZ?

Thanks,

Ben