[ros-users] rosbag repeat?

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Sun May 2 18:50:01 UTC 2010

Dejan,
The tf tree maintains state about the tree including sorted lists.  If "old"
data comes in it is discarded.  Thus if your bag is longer in time than the
tf cache it will throw out data which is older than the cache time from the
most recent timestamped message received.  In general, time going backwards
doesn't have a defined behavior.

Tully

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Dejan Pangercic
<dejan.pangercic at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I worked through the following tutorial today:
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/image_geometry/Tutorials/ProjectTfFrameToImage
> and wanted to loopplay provided bag file using following command:
> "while true; do rosbag play plug_on_base.bag --clock; sleep 0.1;
> rostopic pub /reset_time std_msgs/Empty -1; done"
> Loopplay and time-reset works but it seems that it hangs the TF tree,
> i.e. from the first repetition on it never goes pass the following
> line of code in the tutorial:
> "tf_listener_.waitForTransform(cam_model_.tfFrame(), frame_id,
>                                      acquisition_time, timeout);"
>
> Anyone seeing something obvious?
>
> cheers, D.
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Dan Lazewatsky
> <lazewatskyd at cse.wustl.edu> wrote:
> > https://code.ros.org/discuss/ros-users/browse_frm/thread/1103/4095
> >
> > On 4/28/10 6:52 PM, Stuart Glaser wrote:
> >
> > while [ 1 ]; do rosbag play X.bag; sleep 1; done
> >
> > Not particularly satisfying, but it's what I use.
> >
> > -Stu
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Adam Leeper <aleeper at stanford.edu>
> wrote:
> >

> > Hi all-
> > Is there a way to get rosbag to play a bag file on loop? It would be
> handy
> > when testing things to be able to run my collected data continuously.
> > Thanks!
> > --Adam
> >
> > Adam Leeper
> > Stanford University