[ros-users] rosservice bug

Rob Wheeler wheeler at willowgarage.com
Fri May 7 14:24:41 UTC 2010

Andreas,

This is not a bug, but a standard issue with unix command-line
utilities.  The option parser thinks your negative one is an option.
The standard way to let the option parser know that you are done with
options is to insert a -- between the options and the arguments of a
command.  In your example, this would look like

rosservice call -- /my_controller/SetSpeed -1