[ros-users] Help! ROS python imports suddenly stopped working

Rosen Diankov rosen.diankov at gmail.com
Fri May 7 17:43:54 UTC 2010

i'm shooting in the dark here, but just in case this relates:

i had a similar bug pop-up in openrave on several machines when
starting the python interface, it turned out to be because those
machines had an ATI card, even if graphics weren't getting compiled.
here is an explanation of the problem:

http://wiki.fifengine.de/Segfault_in_cxa_allocate_exception#Workaround

the workaround is to to explicitly include '-lstdc++' in the compile
arguments before any other libraries

rosen,