[ros-users] Running Roscore without internet

Alexis Cheng acheng_1221 at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 22:45:41 UTC 2010

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your help. I am indeed using localhost in both cases. I am able to ping localhost even when disconnected.

Thanks!

Alexis Cheng
Electrical Engineering
University of British Columbia

Hi Alexis,

Personally, I'm stumped. This doesn't appear to be just a ROS network configuration issue. For some reason, your machine appears to be unable to resolve localhost, which should work even when you're not connected. I'm not aware of any reason why your ROS should work when you are plugged in versus unplugged, if in both cases you are using 'localhost'. Is it the case that you can ping localhost even when you're not connected?

 - Ken