[ros-users] webcam driver for ros

Harmish Khambhaita harmish.khambhaita at dfki.de
Wed May 12 13:23:33 UTC 2010

i got the usb_cam driver working under ubuntu 10.04. the problem with logitech quickcam pro was that it was giving image data in yuv420 format, however the usb_cam driver do not have conversion to rgb for this format. i wrote one myself, it works for the greyscale image, however i have still some rgb porblems.

i have other tow cameras - one microsoft lifecam vx1000 and one ups cam. these cameras work perfectly under ubuntu 10.04. however under ubuntu 8.04, it gives me the error - '/dev/video0 is not v4l2 device'. i think its v4l2 driver/kernel 2.6.26 problem. i am currently upgrading the kernel in hope of solving this issue.

regards,
harmish.