[ros-users] [rviz] Displaying informations

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Thu May 13 17:35:11 UTC 2010

Hi Nicolas,

rviz 1.1 includes a TEXT_VIEW_FACING marker, as well as an option to keep a
marker relative to a frame (frame_locked).

Do you mean dynamically change the color of one of the robot model links?
No, there is currently no way of doing that.  Another option is that 1.1
also contains a MESH_RESOURCE marker, so you could create a mesh of the same
type as that link, make it slightly larger and possibly transparent, and set
its color.

Josh