[ros-users] slam_gmapping: extracting pose history

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Fri May 14 04:08:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Ivan Dryanovski
<ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, the execution time of this loop grows linearly with the
> runtime of the program.

> While 1-2 seconds does not sound bad, I assume that this will only get
> worse, since it grows linearly with the number of scans processed.

hi Ivan,

I've also noticed that the time required to produce the occupancy grid
grows over time.  I don't find this too surprising, because presumably
there's more raytracing to be done with each added pose / scan.  But
if you find a more efficient way to produce the grid, please let me
know.

	brian.