[ros-users] Linking with code from other packages

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Fri May 14 14:31:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Daniel Cabrini Hauagge
<hauagge at cs.cornell.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anybody know there's an elegant way to link with code from other
> packages? Some cmake macro that I can use for that?

Just add a package dependency to your manifest.xml, include the
exported headers and build. No special cmake macros needed.

But, the referenced package must export things properly for that to
work. It needs to put headers in appropriate places, build shared
libraries (if any) using the cmake rosbuild_add_library() macro, and
<export> the cpp cflags and lflags in its manifest.xml.
--
 joq