[ros-users] rviz on snow leopard

Nicholas Butko nbutko at ucsd.edu
Fri May 14 21:01:47 UTC 2010

As far as I can tell, wxWidgets 2.8 is never planned to work on 10.6 (in 64-bit mode). 3.0, due out sometime this year, is supposed to work. Also the development version of wxWidgets (2.9) is claimed to work.

One possible workaround is to modify the py25-wxpython portfile to depend on the wxWidgets-devel package rather than the wxWidgets package.

I've never tried this, but would be interested to hear if it works. Unfortunately, this is a stopgap solution, because you will probably want to link to the stable 3.0 version when it is released.

Does anyone have experience working around this problem?

--Nick