[ros-users] move_arm tutorial - Moving the arm to a pose goal

Sachin Chitta sachinc at willowgarage.com
Tue May 18 08:29:39 UTC 2010

Hi Ben,

Thanks for trying out the move_arm stack. Yes, I know that message is
annoying, I will replace it with something more meaningful soon.
Also, the reason move_arm might error close to the goal is because our
controllers are not very well tuned in simulation. I will look into
getting a better set of gains in simulation.

CHOMP has not been paid as much attention by us recently. However, we
are working on bringing it back up to speed - it is in our roadmap
although it might take a while to get to it. I will send out a note on
this list as soon as we are more confident that its working properly.

There will be a significant push again over the next couple of months
in terms of adding new features to the arm_navigation stacks. The
current version of the code was used in a big demo at ICRA (see the
manipulation part of the video at
http://www.willowgarage.com/blog/2010/05/12/icra-montage). I will soon
send out a link to our roadmap so people on this list can be more
aware of our plans and can also contribute to the effort.

Thank you for the feedback, please keep it coming. Its extremely
valuable to know how people are doing with this code.

Best Regards,
Sachin

Sachin Chitta
Research Scientist