[ros-users] Dependency problem on Hardy

Jeremy Leibs leibs at willowgarage.com
Tue May 18 15:39:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:49 AM, J Storrs Hall, PhD <josh at autogeny.org> wrote:
> problem: the libboost version that HardyROS wants is 1.37 :
>

> ... but the version that's standard in Hardy is 1.34 :
>

> similarly ROS wants liblog4cxx 10 and the standard version is 9.

Not all of the dependencies for ROS on Ubuntu Hardy are available via
apt, so you will need to compile and install boost and log4cxx into
`/opt/ros`.  This can be done very easily using rosdep:

$ . /opt/ros/boxturtle/setup.sh
$ rosdep install ros

I have updated the installation instructions to include a note on this.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for this oversight.

--Jeremy