[ros-users] Messaging Performance

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Tue May 18 16:58:55 UTC 2010

When you discount the cost of creating the messages (which has nothing to do
with the transport), I have results with nodelets of over 100k
messages/second, of any size.  Given some optimization I think this can be
increased significantly.  For small messages you're likely to see similar
performance over TCP loopback, but we don't have any inter-node metrics at
this point.

Josh