[ros-users] Costmap2D Inflation Radius Maximum

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Tue May 25 18:34:40 UTC 2010

Eric,

The rviz visualization for obstacle inflation only shows obstacle inflation
out to the inscribed radius of the robot. An inflation radius of 4.5 meters
will propagate costs out further, but the rviz display won't change assuming
you're using the same robot. You should, however, see a difference in the
plans that navigation makes.

Hope this helps,

Eitan