[ros-users] Using a xacro parameter value in xacro macros

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com
Wed May 26 17:19:12 UTC 2010

Update.

The problem seems to be more general in that I am unable to use xacro:param
at all, which makes me think that I might be using it the wrong way. This
code also errors out :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<robot xmlns:xacro="http://www.ros.org/wiki/xacro"
       xmlns:sensor="
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/gazebo/xmlschema/#sensor"
       xmlns:controller="
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/gazebo/xmlschema/#controller"
       xmlns:interface="
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/gazebo/xmlschema/#interface"
       name="foo" >

  <xacro:parameter name="the_param" value="/path/to/foo" />
  <include filename="${the_param}" />
</robot>

Is there something obviously wrong here?. I tried grepping the ros codebase
for xacro:param occurrences to compare against, but found none.

Adolfo