[ros-users] [FreeBSD] compiler command line gets mangled in rxtools ?

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Thu May 27 17:10:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM, René Ladan <rene at freebsd.org> wrote:

> While building ros-boxturtle (revision 9742 and the patch at
> ftp://rene-ladan.nl/pub/freebsd/ros-boxturtle-9491.diff) on FreeBSD,
> everything now builds
> fine until the build stops in rxtools (some messages from gmake are in Dutch):

> Looking inside the build directory, the semicolon before -D_THREAD_SAFE in
> /home/rene/ros/tools/rxtools/build/CMakeFiles/rxtools.dir/link.txt
> looks suspicious (-Wl,-rpath
> -L, and -l arguments omitted for readability, -lboost_thread is one of them):
>
> /usr/bin/c++  -fPIC  -pthread;-D_THREAD_SAFE -O2 -g  -pthread -shared

hi Rene,

The semicolon is almost certainly causing the problem.  The semicolon
is CMake's list separator, which makes me suspect that the problem is
in CMake code somewhere.

Looks like you're not the only one to encounter this issue with CMake
on FreeBSD, e.g.:
http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2788 .

Common between that instance and rxtools is the use of wxWidgets.  So
I would guess that there's a bug in CMake's FindwxWidgets.cmake,
perhaps specific to FreeBSD and/or the version of CMake you're using.

	brian.