[ros-users] Map creation hangs

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Sat May 29 17:07:10 UTC 2010

Prasad,

You are getting that error because dynamic_map is unavailable. I
recall getting that error a few months ago while working with
slam_gmapping and I believe the tutorial is out of date. Using
rostopic list, you should be able to figure out what map slam_gmapping
is making available.

If I recall correctly, the last time I used slam_gmapping I did not
need any remapping arguments; slam_gmapping was publishing to /map, so
map:=map is redundant.

If that fixes the problem, then the tutorial is out of date. Are you
using boxturtle or latest?

- Eric