[ros-users] pr2_msgs problem

Bill Smart wds at willowgarage.com
Mon Nov 1 22:13:09 UTC 2010

I have a problem with pr2_msgs/AccessPoint that I can't track down.  In my
package, I define a new message, SimpleWirelessData:

  Header header
  geometry_msgs/PoseWithCovarianceStamped pose
  pr2_msgs/AccessPoint data

C++ code written to use this message, works as expected.  rosmsg reports
details of the new message type correctly.  However, python code to use the
message excepts out:

  acv% rosrun janitor wireless_data_logger.py
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/u/wds/src/janitor/janitor/src/wireless_data_logger.py", line 7,
in <module>
      from janitor.msg import SimpleWirelessData
    File "/wg/stor6a/wds/src/janitor/janitor/src/janitor/msg/__init__.py",
line 1, in <module>
      from _SimpleWirelessData import *
    File
"/wg/stor6a/wds/src/janitor/janitor/src/janitor/msg/_SimpleWirelessData.py",
line 7, in <module>
      import pr2_msgs.msg
  ImportError: No module named pr2_msgs.msg

Removing the reference to pr2_msgs/AccessPoint in the message definition
removes the exception.  I'm running a stock c-turtle from debs.

help?

-- Bill