[ros-users] video streaming

Daniel Radev djradev at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:50:44 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I'm working on iPhone application that will allow robot handling (basic "drive base around" function for now).

However I would need live streaming video from robot to the phone

After examining the code, I believe there is image_transport package (not a surprise) to publish camera data (either row, compressed images and theora video).

However I need video streaming, i.e theora streamed over the network so that the device can show it. Currently it looks like not possible or I can't find how to do it.
Do you have any further info or idea how to achieve this?

Also is there a way to simulate a camera(even several images), just so I can continue with my work and tests, without actual hardware?

Thanks in advance
Daniel Radev