[ros-users] base_local_planner oscillation and path

Michael Sands m.sands.vader at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 22:15:08 UTC 2010

All,

I'm working on driving a wheelchair with the navigation stack. When using
the base local planner I've noticed that the path between two waypoints is
not straight even if there are no obstacles between them. Also, the robot
oscillates around the path, even with the path_distance_bias set very high
and doesn't settle and follow the path. We are not moving very quickly and I
figure I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm using C-turtle

base_local_planner_parameters.yaml:
TrajectoryPlannerROS:
  max_vel_x: 0.45