[ros-users] image_rotate can't find compressed image format

Adam Leeper aleeper at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 19 04:34:56 UTC 2010

Hi All-

I've been subscribing to the compressed image output from an image_rotate
node showing forearm camera images. This is extremely laggy compared to
subscribing to compressed images from, for example, the head stereo cameras.

A look at rxconsole shows the following errors that are streaming
continuously from the rotation node:

XML-RPC call [searchParam] returned an error (-1): [Cannot find parameter
[compressed_image_transport_jpeg_quality] in an upwards search]
XML-RPC call [searchParam] returned an error (-1): [Cannot find parameter
[compressed_image_transport_format] in an upwards search]

I'm subscribing to /r_forearm_cam/image_rect_color_rotated/compressed. The
errors don't apprear if I subscribe to the regular image stream, so this
seems like the cause.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
Adam