[ros-users] rviz OccupancyGrid message display

Daniel Maier maierd at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Nov 22 17:54:22 UTC 2010

Hi!

I wonder whether it would be possible to have rviz display the occupancy
values
of the nav_msgs/OccupancyGrid message as probabilities instead of the
current
ternary representation as occupied/free/unknown.
I think this decision is due to the fact that the costmap_2d package
uses the same
ternary representation. However, according to the message definition,
the data
field is supposed to store probabilities in the range of [0,100]. Hence,
I think it would
be more consistent and less confusing to have rviz indicate those
probabilities in some way.
I included a small patch which does what I think rviz should do.

Dan