[ros-users] ROS 1.2.4 released

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Nov 1 21:40:45 UTC 2010

Hi Mike,

As rxplot is distributed in the core ROS stack with cturtle, it is not
easy to install the unstable version via Debian. In fact, because it
is in the "ROS" stack, and ROS_ROOT always wins, it's not easy to by
any mechanism to install it on a cturtle system. This is one of the
many reasons why we're spending major effort on breaking up the ROS
stack in this release.

I'll note that the --mode=scatter functionality isn't fully baked yet,
and I welcome external contributions to fully baking it for
Diamondback.

HTH,
Ken