[ros-users] Questions about VSLAM

Abe Bachrach abachrach at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 05:16:00 UTC 2010

Since they are not synchronized, it will probably be equivalent to just
connecting 2 standard webcams. (probably won't work)

For ~$400 you can get 2 pt-grey firefly MV cameras, and synchronizing them
shouldn't be that hard...

you can either:
1) Use a PIC or other digital signal source to trigger both cameras using
their external trigger capability
or
2) connect the GPIO pin on one of the cameras to the external-trigger pin on
BOTH. (this only requires a jumper "cable between" the two cameras)

-=Abe