[ros-users] Fedora rosdep patches

Steven Bellens steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be
Thu Nov 4 17:50:27 UTC 2010

2010/11/4 Severin Lemaignan <severin.lemaignan at laas.fr>:
>> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'XNextEvent' is defined in DSO
>> /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
>> /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
>>
>> which I'm not able to solve at the moment :). It's not package
>> related, I checked out the svn version from the opende homepage, which
>> behaves the same.
>
> Well, this bug is due to a change in the Fedora linker in Fedora 13, and
> basically, if you add manually a -lX11, it should compile.
> This is due to a stricter policy in linking, and should actually be
> filled as a bug upstream, I guess.

I've filed a ticket at the openDE project page:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3103061&group_id=24884&atid=382799#

Compilation of gazebo goes well now. Next is a problem in the
gazebo_plugin package, I'm starting a new thread for that one.

Do you manage to run rviz and gazebo fine btw :)?

Steven