[ros-users] ROS Tutorial under OSX 10.6

DRamachandran at hra.com DRamachandran at hra.com
Thu Nov 4 17:58:25 UTC 2010

Gonçalo Cabrita <goncabrita at gmail.com>
Sent by: ros-users-bounces at code.ros.org
11/04/2010 05:03 AM
Please respond to
User discussions <ros-users at code.ros.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [ros-users] ROS Tutorial under OSX 10.6

Plz Brian, get annoyed soon! I miss working on Xcode so much :D

Gonçalo Cabrita

+1.

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Brian Gerkey <gerkey at willowgarage.com>
wrote:
2010/11/4 Gonçalo Cabrita <goncabrita at gmail.com>:
> I myself am a Mac OS X user running dual boot with Ubuntu 10.04 in order
> run ROS smoothly.
> I see a lot of discussion regarding running ROS on OS X 10.6, so my
question
> is, has anyone successfully installed and used ROS without loosing
> functionality on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard?

I haven't.  Many things were working well on 10.5, including rx* and
rviz.  Things pretty much went to hell when I upgraded to 10.6.  I'm
now dual-booting my laptop into Ubuntu for ROS development.  That will
eventually annoy me enough to figure out how to get things going on
10.6.

       brian.