[ros-users] GPL-licensed .msg files

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Thu Nov 4 21:10:48 UTC 2010

I wonder if the headers clause of the GPL would apply here.

3. Object Code Incorporating Material from Library Header Files.

The object code form of an Application may incorporate material from a
header file that is part of the Library. You may convey such object
code under terms of your choice, provided that, if the incorporated
material is not limited to numerical parameters, data structure
layouts and accessors, or small macros, inline functions and templates
(ten or fewer lines in length), you do both of the following:

    * a) Give prominent notice with each copy of the object code that
the Library is used in it and that the Library and its use are covered
by this License.
    * b) Accompany the object code with a copy of the GNU GPL and this
license document.