[ros-users] rospy and simulation time

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 22:08:39 UTC 2010

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the quick reply.  Even as I pasted the code into my email,
I was thinking "Gee, isn't there supposed to be the name of the code
somewhere in here?".  Oh well, they say that memory is the second
thing to go...

I added the following line:

rospy.init_node('test')

immediately following the the 2 import statements and ran the code again.

With pr2_empty_world.launch running, I ran the code.  It exited at
(simulated) t=5.

Then, when I ran it again, it exited immediately.... each time.
(Now _this_ is similar to the timeout issue I mentioned earler.)

Is that to be expected?  Did I miss something else?

--wpd