[ros-users] Core robot controller manager

Konrad Banachowicz konradb3 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 14:46:30 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,

I recently created controllers for irp6 manipulators. It use software only
servo algorithm implemented as OROCOS component. It's run 1kHz servo loop
for 8dof on pentium3 600MHz so performance isn't an issue heare. I think
OROCOS is the optimal solution for integration low-level real-time control
with ROS. You can look at orocos_controllers and irp6_robot stacks at
http://github.com/RCPRG-ros-pkg . As far as i know servo loop must have
constant period so real-time is what you need. There is some problems with
ROS and multiple servo loops running at different periods (for example
robot_state_publisher ) .

Pozdrawiam
Konrad Banachowicz