[ros-users] ar_pose orientation accuracyZ

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.be
Mon Nov 8 13:44:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, Steven Bellens wrote:

> I'm experimenting a bit with the ar_pose package. I'm using a single
> fixed camera to track a moving marker. To verify the estimation
> accuracy, I just leave the marker fixed and I've plotted position and
> orientation estimates. The position estimates are pretty much
> constant, but the orientation estimates are oscilating a lot (see
> appendix), and apparently always between two values.

It's worhtless to ask about feedback aout this issue if you do not give
information about what the units are along the left-hand scale....?!?!
Degrees? Rads? Quaternion-units?... It's not the first time that people try
to "explain" the jumps between the least-representable-units of a piece of
hardware/software....:-)

> Is this because of the bad capability to estimate that orientation or can
> this be caused by the environment conditions (light - set-up - distance
> to marker)?
>
> regards,
>
> Steven

Herman