[ros-users] ar_pose orientation accuracy

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 15:47:16 UTC 2010

Steven,

I'm not sure if this is exactly the problem you are observing, but I
have noticed a similar behavior from ARToolkit before. When the camera
is nearly perpendicular to the marker, and the marker is in the center
of the image, there occurs a singularity. Let's say the angle between
the marker normal and the optical axis is 1 degree - ARToolkit will
arbitrary flip between +1 and -1 degrees. If you make the angle
bigger, the orientation of the marker becomes less ambiguous, and the
error diminishes.

Ivan Dryanovski