[ros-users] RTT_COMPONENT_PATH in ROS debs

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Tue Nov 9 19:14:03 UTC 2010

> Did you also strip symbol names ? We know that for typekits, the symbol
> information can take upto 2/3 of the shared object size.

Yes, stripping the symbol names is all I did.  Looks like the build type is
getting set to Debug in the  rtt_ros_integration_std_msgs CMakeLists.txt, so
I was wrong about that -- I was assuming the default wasn't getting
overridden.  In general nothing should be released in Debug, and we
discourage setting it in the CMakeLists.txt because it's easy to forget and
check it in.

Josh