[ros-users] Vicon Motion Capture Node

Patrick Bouffard bouffard at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 10 05:14:53 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

I hacked together something for use in our lab. This is used for
tracking a rigid body (a quadrotor helicopter). It's a bit rough
around the edges though I had been giving some thought to making it a
bit more polished and generic. To the extent that your application is
similar to mine, it might be of use to you.

However, the Datastream SDK is pretty straightforward--it was pretty
easy to use code from the demo they include with the SDK--depending on
what you want to do that might make the most sense for you to do
something similar.

If on the other hand you just want to know the 6-dof pose of a rigid
body (i.e. a single 'segment' in the Vicon object hierarchy) then the
node I've written could help.

Let me know if you'd like to take a look at it and I'll break it out
of the larger codebase and put it on github or something.

Cheers,

Pat