[ros-users] Problem with adding cUrl in ROS package

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Fri Nov 12 01:54:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Aidin Sadighi <sadighi at usc.edu> wrote:
> I have a problem with adding cUrl into my ros package. I am using Eclipse
> for C/C++ Programmers Version: Helios Service Release and I am using C
> Turtle latest version.
> I am able to compile, run, and debug a ROS package in Eclipse but problem is
> I am getting compile error for cURL as following:
>
> undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanup'
>

> I know I need to add "-L/path/to/dir/with/libcurl -lcurl" to the linker but
> the problem is I can not find any place in Eclipse and/or ROS makefiles to
> specify this.

hi Aidin,

I'm not an Eclipse user, but here's a simple example of what would go
into CMakeLists.txt to link against an external library:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosbuild/CMakeLists/Examples#Linking_against_an_external_library
.  If the library is not in the default linker search path, you should
also call `link_directories(/path/to/dir/with/libcurl)`.

	brian.