[ros-users] ROS installation error on archlinux

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Sun Nov 14 17:37:33 UTC 2010

You can read this ticket for a summary of the issues and workarounds:

https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/3136

The gist is that, while Debian systems support "python2" vs. "python3"
as an explicit executable, OS X does not. In my opinion, arch made a
bad choice. Even docs.python.org uses Python 2.x as the default
documentation set. For Python users, it makes more sense to migrate to
"python3" than to back-migrate everything to "python2".

 - Ken