[ros-users] ROS in Windows

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Nov 17 04:05:17 UTC 2010

The rospy-only instructions require a working Linux-based installation
to copy from. If you don't have this available, I wouldn't recommend
trying it.

Another option is to use the Windows port by Robotics Equipment
Corporation, which is described on the same page. This will provide
roscpp instead of rospy, which means you will have to use C++.
However, it does integrate with MS Visual Studio 2008.

 - Ken