[ros-users] accelerometer and tilt support + depth function

Stéphane Magnenat stephane.magnenat at mavt.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 17 09:56:11 UTC 2010

On 17/11/10 10:49, Melonee Wise wrote:
> Yes it's a branch but anyone is welcome to take my changes. I haven't
>  added the accelerometer to the driver but I can add it (is there any
>  preference on units), I am also trying to find if the current tilt
> position is published by the kinect so I can add a get method.

It would be great if you could add the accelerometer. You can of course
start from my implementation in [1] (my branch of old libfreenect, I
will probably throw it away and switch to yours once the accelerometer
are integrated in it). For the units, I suggest to use the SI unit
(m/s^2) if possible, but otherwise the raw values would do.

I do not know whether there is a way to retrieve the tilt position, it
would be good, as it would allow to publish it as a tf transform.
However, depending on my experience, the tilt link is not very stiff,
especially if the kinect is not lying on a flat surface.

Kind regards,

Stéphane

[1] https://github.com/stephanemagnenat/libfreenect

--