[ros-users] Q about covariance matrices in nav_msgs/Odometry

Anh Nguyen nguyenminhanh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:16:35 UTC 2010

Yes. Thanks a lot. This is what I need :)

I also found a few other papers about the topic. Most of them are ~20 years
old. I list them below. Hopefully they will be helpful for other people who
want to find out more about the topic in the future:

   - On the Representation and Estimation of Spatial Uncertainty
   - LOCATION ESTIMATION AND UNCERTAINTY ANALYSIS FOR MOBILE ROBOTS
   - Modelling and estimating the odometry error of a mobile robot
   - Experimental results from internal odometry error correction with the
   OmniMate mobile robot

Regards,

-Andy