[ros-users] ROS - Where to start/viable options etc

Andrew Harris andrew.unit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:57:16 UTC 2010

Hi Bence,

   I have written a very simple Arduino ROS interface node.  It's called "pmad":

http://www.ros.org/wiki/pmad

   It basically has a service that allows you to toggle digital pins.
In addition, there is a publisher node called
"pmad_status_publisher.py" that will send a command to the Arduino to
get the current status of digital pins 4, 5, 6, 7 as well as analog IO
pins 0, 1, 2, and 4.  The messaging protocol used to and from the
arduino is simple and there are comments in the Arduino sketch.

   This may not be what you want, but it might be a start.

regards,
-andrew