[ros-users] robot_state_publisher with joint_states in different messages does not compute tf for all joints

Weißhardt, Florian Florian.Weisshardt at ipa.fraunhofer.de
Mon Nov 22 13:58:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

what's the reason/drawback for not having one robot_state_publisher and one urdf that can deal with multiple joint_states messages for a serial kinematic chain? ...which is, at least for me, the intuitive understanding of a "global" /joint_states topic and a "global" urdf description for the whole robot. Why dividing it into multiple subsystems?

Regards,
Florian